I try, really I do... but needless to say, I'm no Betty Crocker, Martha Stewart or whoever is the star baker these days. This is my attempt at making "Easter Egg Basket Cupcakes" which I found on the Disney Family Fun website. Of course, it is from a box and not homemade batter...the icing is from a can, but who cares, eh? That's why Betty Crocker put all her stuff in packages so we could be the Betty Crockers of our time!! RIGHT!!!? Anywhoo...Balin (my-soon-to-be-3-yr-old) is in daycare and his class is having a little Easter party... hence, the cupcakes. It seems that in the past, I would mark Balin's name by plates, napkins or the juice boxes...and somehow, I'd find out the day before that I'm to bring the 'special snack' and not what I thought I signed up for. Oh well. Thank goodness my mother taught me how to cook/bake and (try) to be creative in what I do...and especially not to panic, to remain calm...to just look in the pantry and see what I can put together. Well, to avoid all panic...I now just scribble in Balin's little name in the special snack slot for every party and plan ahead, because it will eventually find it's way there anyway. So, here it is....my 'special snack' for all those sweet little faces in 2K. I sure hope they enjoy them as much as I enjoyed putting them together. I had fun...really.
Family Fun's version of the Easter Basket Cupcake....

my version of the Easter Basket Cupcake!!!

They can't all be perfect, right? oh dear. This one stayed home with me.....

Happy Easter Everyone!
1 comment:
those are gorgeous, and so, so fun. balin's school mates are probably gobbling them up as i type. we took fruit cocktail for cayden's party. b-o-r-i-n-g. i'm sure it'll get more interesting the older he gets...
Post a Comment